Sunday, January 21, 2007

Meet Your Blogger

1. Name: Josh
2. Favorite Sports Team: Arizona Cardinals. I'm the most excited and disappointed fan every year. Watch out for the Cards next season! I can not answer this question fully without mentioning the Suns. I even enjoy the games where the Suns have a 35 point lead going into the fourth (that means more Jalen Rose...always a bonus). My entire family is from Philly and grew up as your typical Philly fan. My dad nearly missed a plane flight to Phoenix on his wedding day because the Eagles were finishing a playoff game and he didn't want to leave the airport bar until he saw the finale. Anyway, I grew up wearing and learning sports through the Eagles, Sixers, and the Phillies. I still have much love for Philadelphia sports but have lived in Phoenix my whole life and would root for the Cardinals and the Suns over the Eagles and the Sixers in any game.
3. Favorite Sports Team of All Time (one certain year): '01-'02 Seton Catholic High School Varsity Basketball Team. They had a wicked cool point guard.
4. Favorite Current Athlete: Easy. No questions asked. Leandro "The Brazilian Blur" Barbosa. Blur make basket.
5. Favorite Athlete of All Time: Blur. However, since I don't want the same answer twice, I will say Sir Charles Barkley. Loved watching him play and still love listening to him talk (despite the fact that he's always hating on the Suns). Besides, any man brave enough to throw a ball at and tackle Shaq is up there in my book.
6. Favorite Movie: That's tough. Depending on the time, place and mood I'm in it is any of the following: Rocky I-VI (barring V, not to say I don't have love for V but I can't honestly list it as one of my favorite movies), The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (yes, I'm a Rings geek), White Men Can't Jump, Rudy, Snatch, Sandlot and all Kevin Smith flicks.
7. Favorite TV Show: Also tough. One of the following: Rob and Big, The Office, or High Stakes Poker
8. Favorite Quote: "Yo baby, yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?" -Jay
9. Prediction Time, Who is the next MJ? Jarryd Bayless. Best high school athlete I've ever seen (including Bibby).
10. Failed prediction time. What was your worst sports prediction ever?: Dwayne Wade will not be good in the pros. Not sure what I was basing that on but I constantly hear how wrong I was by the man, the myth, the legend...Steve Novak (not the Marquette donk. Rather the center on that Seton team I mentioned earlier). Close second: I thought it was ridiculous that the Eagles would draft Donovan McNabb over Ricky Williams. Close third: I thought the Suns were stupid for drafting a high school kid in 2002 (Amare ended up ok I guess)
11. If you were a Major League Baseball player, what song would you play before your at-bats?: "Stay Fly" -Three 6 Mafia
12. Favorite Moment in Sports History: May 2, 2006. First round of the NBA playoffs. Suns v Lakers. Game 6. 7:33 left in the 4th. Raja Bell closelining Kobe Bryant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure Bayless will be bigger than MJ. Did MJ have his own dance team when he was in high school? Didn't think so.

PTPers said...

Didn't take you guys long to steal our material.

PTPers said...

Zing.

Scoops said...

now as far as the raja bell clothesline, shouldn't it say something that this is you're most memorable playoff moment...

Bjorn said...

we don't consider it "stealing," we call it improving on your 4 play system and making it 8 plays, that way you can call 4 runs and 4 passes.

PTPers said...

well played, sir.